Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Something fishy







I read in the paper about a fish painting workshop in Fulton...$2.00....so I gave my retired friend a call and she jumped at the chance to be an artist for the day. We really didn't know what to expect...we started our adventure having lunch at Bishop's Gifts and Flowers...It is a nice little area that serves sandwiches, burgers (grilled on Friday), salads, breakfast and plate lunch specials...We opted for the plate lunch since we were on a tight schedule and had to be at our art class at 12:00...It was a very good lunch and Alice treated since it was my birthday a couple of days later...She is just toooo sweet....We headed on over to the MSU extension service Itawamba branch...We made connections with a couple of the women that were there and everybody was friendly and helpful...lots of laughing and fun. The two gals that taught the class have been around...i mean literally...they lived in japan for 20 + years and one lives in california now and the other lives in Fulton...she might have some type of culture shock but you would never know it...We ended up with some nice prints and I even printed on a t shirt...I think it will be a great craft to do with my kids at school...or maybe just the grands....We had a great time and can't wait to find us another adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment