Wednesday, June 6, 2012

technology, scammers, accents and frustrations

I am once again sitting on the couch using my laptop...this probably seems like a normal thing for most people but for the past 2-3 weeks i have had nothing but  TROUBLE with technology...one of my least favorite things (besides exercise and eating right ) would be talking to ATT or Belkin...i hate computerized phone calls...and i especially hate speaking to people with accents...that means anyone that doesn't speak red neck or southern...Speaking "technology" is so hard to do on the phone...especially when it concerns technology, problems and accents...and that leads to another topic on technology which would be how these scammers are calling us on both cell phones and our home phones about an account/debit card at Bancorp South that we don't even possess.  Oh well, you would think someone could stop those scammers since they are very persistent with their calls.  Back to the Belkin Router business...I think the router wouldn't work properly because ATT needed to update our modem but just failed to notify us...today after dealing with S-L-O-W service for 2-3 days I defragmented, cleaned out temporary files, cleaned out the trash and cleaned out anything else that Microsoft and I deemed unimportant...probably got rid of stuff I needed but during the purging of the computer I didn't seem to care...just wanted the internet connected  and wanted it to connect sometime during my waking hours.    Now that I have complained about ATT, Belkin, and BancorpSouth scammers, i guess i can now mention Direct TV...Our HD receiever only comes on when it wants to...at least 3 days a week we cut on the tv and have no video service...they tell us to unplug, count to a certain number, and reset the box...that sounds pretty simple but by the time that is done we have missed the beginning of the news or a show...again it is so hard to call them, talk to a human and understand their accent...I was on the verge of disconnecting all services today...getting back to basics...talking to people in person, reading the paper, and just enjoying being outside in the sunshine...but just in the nick of time an update notice appeared when I reset the modem and this  put the computer, modem and router all back on track...the tv will be another problem for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment