Wednesday, October 20, 2010

part two - sick days-dr. mothershed

I went straight to dr. mothershed's office, filled out the paperwork, and waited for just a little while. I had asked my friends at school "how will they be able to see the floaters inside my eye". I haven't been to an eye doctor in a very, very, very long time. (each very stands for 10 years)...So needless to say they have all types of machines for your eyes...they tested my vision in the first room, put in some drops,took some x-ray type pictures of the inside of the eye, (they looked just like a mammogram),put in more drops to dialate my eyes, took some more pictures, looked at the eye with bright lights and then moved me to another room and took a sonogram of my eyeballs... they put in numbing drops, used a little wand and stuck it straight to the eyeball and rubbed it around...all the while i had to be still and move my eye to certain directions...up down and all around...each person said that "that was great" and moved me to another room. Finally dr mothershed came in and looked at all the information on a screen and made me do some more letter tests on a screen across the room. they tested my pressure, it was fine...no cataracts...20/20 vision and i thought all was going just fine. He returned to the room after they added more drops and put a magnifying glass and the brightest light known to man straight on my eyeball. I could feel the heat building up. I once again had to look up, to the left, to the right, and straight down with my bad eye. we did this more than once when he finally said "yep, i see a horseshoe retinal tear. Still thinking that some cream and a patch on the eye would take care of this ....i was very taken aback when he said call the retinal clinic...dr. meyer in memphis...get her in as quickly as possible...she has to have surgery on this now....they made the call, sent some paperwork, and instructed me to go home and not look down, don't pick up anything heavy and sleep with your head propped up...this is serious....they gave me two kinds of drops (by now you know i don't like drops) one for infection and the other for who knows what...drops 4 times a day....i have had more drops in the last few days than i have had in my entire life. So I paid my bill and got in the car and headed home. Things were a little blurry but I made it home fine...Called the school secretary, got a sub and laid down (after I put in my drops) Got to dr mothershed's office at 2:30 and left there a little after 5:00...the people there are super nice but hope i don't have to visit again soon.


part - 3...dr meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment