Monday, August 13, 2012

Me and Brooke Shields

My eye check up for June was re-scheduled for August 11th...the first weekend after the kids came back to school...thought this would be a good day to get some paperwork done while I waited to see the doctor...each time i have been to see dr. meyers, it takes 5-6 hours to actually see him.   I have been using bromday drops (steroid) for about a year and just didn't think that was a good thing to be doing...On saturday I expected him to stop the bromday drops, brag on my delicate retina, and send me on my way...a free woman... Little did I know that the first test they did indicated a higher pressure in my bad eye than usual...I have never had that problem so i was a little taken aback...the nurse didn't mention it and by the time the doc comes in and says that I need to use some new drops to decrease the pressure he was gone...no mention of glaucoma, eye disease or anything else...just a slight elevation in the pressure...after searching on the internet i found a few causes of this pressure change...drops, trauma, glaucoma...since i have two of the three i will just go with the drops and trauma being the culprits...my new drops, lumigan,  are applied at night...just one drop to the bad eye...the only thing is that if they burn or make my eye red i will need to get a milder type of drop.  my eye is slightly pink and i can feel the drop for just a few seconds after it hits the eyeball..not really burning but just a slight irritant... i will give them a few more days and if my eyes don't itch i will continue with them until my next appt. in november...and if you see someone that is looking like brooke shields,,, it could be me..except i will only have long lashes on my bad eye...that is another side effect of the lumigan....

No comments:

Post a Comment